Young Hoon International Middle School:
2019 March Opening
Young Hoon International Middle School (YHIMS) is a prestigious middle school located in Seoul, Korea, servicing students in grade 7 to grade 9. It is one of the two international middle school recognized by the Korean government. The classes in YHIMS are taught in both English and Korean by mixed faculty members from all over the world: we have a total of 15 foreign faculty members along with Korean faculty members working together to help our students achieve their academic goals. We are currently looking for competent and enthusiastic teachers to join our team.
For March 2019, we have vacancies for the following position:
- International Studies
• A minimum of bachelor degree in the associated field of study (mandatory)
(Higher degrees are welcomed.)
• Teaching certificate, education related degree, or CELTA, TESOL certificates (mandatory)
• Prior teaching experience is welcomed.
4. Conditions and Benefit
• Contract Period: 2019.03.01~ 2020.02.28 with a chance to re-sign with a one-year or a two year contract.
• 22 teaching hours a week, with additional income opportunities through various school programs.
• Cooperative work environment with both English-speaking and Korean-speaking teachers.
• Paid vacation (3 weeks for summer and 5 weeks for winter) and Korean national holidays off as well as 3 days of annual leaves. (Sick leaves and special holidays for wedding, death, birth, and etc. is provided separately)
• Overtime pay is provided and overnight trips are paid as well.
• Competitive salary scale with considerations to experience. (With no work experience minimum 32,000,000 KRW a year)
• Monthly housing allowance of 600,000 KRW is provided.
• Professional development fee worth 200,000 KRW per year.
• Paid Winter and Summer Camp (Mandatory)
5. Application Materials
1st. The materials listed below are mandatory for all applicants.
• Application form:
l Please DOWNLOAD the attached application form. Make sure to edit the file name.[YHIMS FT_(Subject)_(Name)]( e. g. YHIMS FT_English_Jane)
• Photocopies of appropriate degrees and qualifications (e.g. teaching license)
• A photocopy of the passport (the page with the photo of the applicant)
• A photocopy/scan of tran
– Qualifying teachers will later be asked to give a 15-minute demo lesson during the interview. If applying from abroad, the demo lesson may be replaced with a sample lesson video.
2nd . The following materials will be required later in the hiring process.
• A passport photo
• Federal Criminal Record Check or, if already in Korea with a work VISA, Korean criminal record check agreement form.
• Two Reference Letters
• A 15-minute demo lesson plan.
6. Application Due and other Dates
First 4 materials must be received by November 31st to be considered and hard-copies of the entire and complete set of documents will be asked on the date of the interview and demo class.
Prospective applicants will be notified via email to schedule an interview.
7. Contact Information
For any questions, contact Eunhye Cho, the Immersion Program Coordinator, via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also visit our school website: http://eng.younghoon.ms.kr